“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
Without a doubt, climate change ranks amongst the biggest challenges of our time. Already we can observe the frightening effects of climate change such as storms, fires, droughts, and flooding. Artificial intelligence is expected to be a powerful tool to assist in reducing greenhouse gas and support society in adapting to a changing climate .
AICI - the Artificial Intelligence for Climate Initiative - is a joint initiative of researchers to foster the utilization of AI techniques to mitigate climate change and increase sustainability. Since these topics represent multifaceted issues, AICI welcomes researchers, professionals, and students independent from their discipline.
AICI aims to:
- Foster AI research in the context of climate change and computational sustainability
- Disseminate research output in the form of blog posts and articles
- Enhance communication between researchers of various disciplines
- Advertise research topics to students
Ways to contribute
- Join one of the projects
- Propose student projects and/or thesis topics
- Submit a blog post as guest author